20 years of experience in information management and archiving
docuteam is a leading provider with more than 30 employees and one of the largest Swiss providers of archiving and records management consulting services. docuteam is unmatched as a conceptual consultant in information management, and archiving and as a solution provider for long-term digital archiving.
- docuteam was founded as a limited liability company by Andreas Steigmeier and Tobias Wildi in 2003 into which they brought their individual archiving experiences. Since 2021 docuteam AG is a public limited company with the participation of additional members of the management.
- Our company is active in long-term electronic archiving throughout Switzerland and also in Germany, France, Austria, and Sweden.
- We see our work as a contribution to a well-functioning economy, society, and democracy, to the digital transformation and our cultural heritage. This is what motivates and stimulates us for the future.
Participation in professional associations
- We are members of the Association of Swiss Archivists (VSA-AAS), the Vaud Association of Archivists (AVA), the Association of German Economic Archives, and a collective member of the International Council on Archives (ICA). Tobias Wildi is also a member of the Federal Committee for Cultural Heritage Protection (Kulturgüterschutz). Gilliane Kern is a member of the editorial board of the professional journal arbido and of the AAS committee.
- We are involved in the AAS working groups: “Norms and standards” (Tobias Wildi); “Private Business Archives” (Tobias Haudenschild); “ENSEMEN project” (Tobias Wildi).
- Tobias Wildi is a member of the International Council on Archives Expert Group on Archival Description (EGAD), which is developing the new Records in Context (RiC) standard.
- We also have a representative in the AVA “Description and Distribution” group of AVA (Vanessa Bilvin-Krause).
- We are committed to the Code of Ethical Principles issued by the International Council on Archives (ICA) for archivists around the world. We have co-signed the UNESCO Universal Declaration on Archives.
Network of specialists
- We actively cultivate our professional network and when, for example, we have to deal with mold problems or restore documents, we turn to specialists. For restoration issues, we work in particular with Atelier Michael Rothe in Bern and with Atelier Strebel AG, restoration of books and paper in Hunzenschwil.
- For the destruction of confidential documents and data carriers, we use the services of specialized companies.
Trainings and events
- We organize training for the ICA and actively exchange ideas with the organization.
- From time to time we organize events such as seminars and presentation sessions or the docuteam Community Day.
- We train interns who are interested in exercising one of the aforementioned professions, before, during, or after a corresponding training.
- We train documentary information officers (AID) in partnership with other institutions.